To use fibre broadband, OpenNet must have installed (a) the required fibre infrastructure in your area and (b) the Termination Point (TP)on your premises.
The OpenNet TP contains optical fibre cables and connects to the rest of the Next Gen NBN. It’s a physical line from your address to the wider network.
To see if your address is ready for fibre broadband, perform a coverage check on the OpenNet website.
For residential customers
Your address will fall into 1 of 3 possible categories:
- You are ready to use fibre broadband. Congratulations!
- OpenNet has successfully installed the Next Gen NBN infrastructure in your area and wired up your building.
- You are not able to use fibre broadband because your TP is not installed.
- OpenNet has installed the Next Gen NBN infrastructure in your area but the TP has not been installed at your address.
- As OpenNet typically offers to install a TP in every housing unit as they install the infrastructure for an area, your household (or previous tenant) may have missed the one-time OpenNet offer to install the TP (it comes in the form of a letter) .
- For such cases, to get OpenNet to install the TP at your address specifically, additional OpenNet charges will apply.
- For high-rise residences, the OpenNet charge for TP installation is $235.40.
- For landed premises, it is $481.50.
- For business addresses, it is $548.91.
- If no one at your address has missed or turned down an OpenNet offer for free TP installation, there should be no cost for TP installation.
If you’re interested to sign up with MyRepublic and your address is Home Passed, MyRepublic will automatically coordinate with OpenNet and schedule all the installation appointments required.
You do not have to contact OpenNet directly for your TP installation.In fact, having MyRepublic schedule both installation appointments together is usually much faster.
- You are not able to use fibre broadband yet.
- OpenNet has not installed the Next Gen NBN infrastructure in your area.
- For some cases, it’s possible you have the TP on your premises but the TP is not connected to the larger area infrastructure yet.
If you just got the TP installed on your premises, OpenNet requires anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to test the end-to-end connection to your TP, and to update their database. Once OpenNet completes their back-end checking and flags your address as fibre ready, we’ll be able to process your MyRepublic order.
For Business Customers
To use fibre broadband, OpenNet will need to install a TP on your premises unless the previous occupant of your location, or your landlord, has arranged for the TP to be already installed.
The standard OpenNet cost of installing the TP is $548.14.